Friday, June 4, 2010

My fav sweet potato recipe

It's extremely simple, but I'm writing it down anyway!

  • Wash the sweet potato really well
  • Wrap it completely in foil
  • Turn your broiler on
  • Put the foily sweet potato on a cookie sheet or in a pyrex dish
  • Cook for 30-60 minutes on broil depending on the size of the sweet potato
  • You can check it at 40-45 minutes by sticking a knife in it....if the knife slips into it with no resistance then it is technically done....I love mine really really done like syrup dripping off of it because it is so done.
  • Be careful though because oven temperatures vary and my 60 minutes may mean your 40....etc...Experiment with the timing to find your "perfect" sweet potato :) 
To dress up my S.P. I just sprinkle it with some cinnamon. It's almost like a dessert because it's so sweet.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment