Friday, June 4, 2010

Korean Grilled Skirt Steak

I just devoured 3 sushi rolls YUM! What's the reason for the celebration ? I just took my 1st Organic Chem 2 test of the summer and I think I did pretty good :) If that's not a good reason to celebrate, then I don't know what is!
What's on the agenda for my Friday night? Relaxation! A movie, and a couple glasses of red wine....for starters ;) And of course something yum for dinner!

**Update: 6/7/10 --> I got a 91 on my Organic test.... :) YaY!**

I went to publix today and stocked up for the weekend..... On the menu tonight is ->

Korean Grilled Skirt Steak alla Judi 
Recipe Courtesy Judi :)

Ingredients
3/4 -1 lb. Skirt Steak 

Marinade
1/4 Cup Lite Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup White Vinegar
3 cloves crushed Garlic (or if you are lazy like me, I buy them pre-chopped)
3 finely chopped Scallions (both white and green parts)
2 tsps. Dijon Mustard
2 tsps. fresh Ginger grated
Black pepper and salt to taste

Directions
Score the meat deeply crosswise @ 1/2" intervals. This allows the marinade to really soak in and allows the meat to cook evenly. Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl or oblong pyrex.  Place the steaks in your pyrex and marinade for at least an hour (turn @ 30 mins). Double the marinade recipe if you are a saucy person like me so you have extra to pour over the cooked steaks :)

Preheat the grill and cook meat 3-4 inches from heat source for 3-4 minutes per side for rare (adjust for your desired doneness). If you don't have access to the grill, use your broiler ;) Tastes just as amazing. Just make sure you don't cook it in the marinade, because it makes a mess in the oven.


Side Dishes 

No comments:

Post a Comment