Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Huevos Rancheros

Recipe courtesy wholefoodsmarket.com

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 cup medium salsa
4 eggs
2 to 4 corn tortillas, warm
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup cooked black beans, hot

Method

Warm 1/2 cup salsa in a nonstick pan then use your spatula to clear two 3-inch circles in center of pan. Carefully slide one egg from the shell into each circle. Cook 3 to 5 minutes to desired firmness.

Place warm tortillas on a warmed plate and slide eggs and salsa onto tortillas. Repeat with remaining eggs and salsa. Spoon beans onto plates and serve.

 **My variation: I use organic low sodium black beans, a sprinkle of chopped scallions and cilantro and sometimes some monterey jack or cheddar cheese. I heat the corn tortillas on a hot pan and I don't cook the eggs with the salsa. I do them sunny side up**

Breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment